- Delivery time cannot be guaranteed.
- No Cancellations- except as noted below.
- No Refunds- except as noted below.
- Client agrees to accept each line item as described on their sales contract.
- These Terms and Policies supersede all prior written and verbal agreements and statements made by Paul Schatz Furniture representatives.
- A 50% deposit must be maintained on all open orders.
- Balance due must be paid prior to delivery of each item.
- Paul Schatz Furniture finance payments are subject to the guidelines of an independent finance company.
- A one-time exchange is available on special order and stock items if requested within 14 days of delivery, if a 30% fee is paid, and if the item is returned in brand new condition.
- Replacement orders must be of equal or greater value. No refunds on unused balances.
- Replacement orders must be placed within 14 days of approval. Extensions cannot be granted.
- Multi-piece sets must be exchanged as a whole. Credit cannot be issued for individual items.
- Store credit or compensation of any kind cannot be issued for client-supplied fabrics.
- Clients living over 100 miles away are responsible for all transport costs.
- Highly customized items cannot be exchanged.
- Paul Schatz Furniture reserves the right to refuse to issue an exchange authorization in certain circumstances.
- Client is fully responsible for ensuring furniture will fit into the home as planned.
- Paul Schatz Furniture will not be held responsible if furniture does not fit into the home or cannot be delivered without risk of damage or injury.
- Refunds are not available in the case of items that do not fit into the home as planned.
- Client must still pay the balance due at time of delivery if an item does not fit.
- Items that do not fit may be returned and exchanged for items of equal or greater value when the Cash On Delivery (COD) plus a 10% restocking fee is paid in full.
- Custom ordered items that do not fit may be returned and exchanged for items of equal or greater value when the COD plus a 20% restocking fee is paid in full.
- The restocking fee will not be charged if a fit estimate was performed prior to order placement.
- Paul Schatz Furniture is not responsible for alleged damage reported after the delivery team has left the home.
- Perfect repairs to home damage cannot be guaranteed due to variations in dye lots, aging materials and unavailability of original materials. Paul Schatz Furniture liability in case of home damage is contractually limited to repair. Paul Schatz Furniture is never liable for replacement of entire floor or wall coverings. Paul Schatz Furniture must approve quotes for home repair, by an outside contractor, in advance.
- Paul Schatz Furniture is not liable for any problems arising out of complementary moving of clients’ old furniture.
Service & Repair Policies
- Service issues are resolved according to policies in the Paul Schatz Furniture Warranty & Service Policies guide.
- Client may withhold 10% of the value of unsatisfactory goods until service is complete.
- Paul Schatz Furniture reserves the right to repair, rather than replace, damaged items. Repairs are guaranteed for life.
- Clients living over 100 miles away are responsible for all service transport costs.
- Floor samples are sold AS IS, with no service or warranty. Paul Schatz Furniture is not liable for subsequent transport or pick-up damage to floor samples.
- Replacement parts may not always match the original dye-lot or finish.
Cancelling an Order
- Items stocked in Paul Schatz Furniture’s warehouse can be canceled if Paul Schatz is notified within 48 hours of order placement and before pick-up or delivery.
- Small accessories taken from the showroom can be returned for refund within 14 days if in perfect condition.
- Orders for clearance items cannot be canceled after the order is placed, no exceptions.
- Reorders and re-selections can never be canceled.
- Orders are never cancelable due to delays, but loaner pieces may be available.
Changing an Order
- Special orders can be changed up to three days after order placement. After three days (if order is not in production), client agrees to pay a 10% fee before the order can be changed.
Holding Items in Warehouse
- Client agrees to take delivery within 14 days of arrival at Paul Schatz Furniture’s warehouse. Paul Schatz Furniture will hold items for up to 30 days if client pays the balance in full. If client cannot accept delivery within 30 days, client must make special arrangements with Paul Schatz Furniture.
- Paul Schatz Furniture is not liable for fading under any circumstances.
- Paul Schatz Furniture is not liable for size variations of 5% or less.
- Paul Schatz Furniture is not liable for pilling.
- Clients’ Own Material (COM): Scraps cannot be returned and additional yardage may be required at client expense to complete the original order or make subsequent repairs. Paul Schatz Furniture is not responsible for re-upholstery of COM items if fabric cannot be obtained to make a repair.
- No re-selections or services beyond the manufacturer’s warranty will be provided on price-matched orders.
- Variations in color, texture and natural markings of wood, fabric, metal and leather are common and cannot be avoided. Paul Schatz Furniture is not liable for any concerns resulting from such variations. These variations cannot always be represented in showroom swatches.